The Foundation for the Compton Community College is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization that serves as the auxiliary arm of the Compton Community College District.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer board of directors who work generate partnerships and resources to benefit the students of the Compton Community College District.
In addition to awarding scholarships to students each semester, the Foundation also helps provide faculty grants for programs, campus projects, equipment and technology.
The mission of the Foundation for the Compton Community College District is to benefit the Compton Community College District, a California community college district, its students and the community of which it is a part, in the following manner:
1. Assisting and supporting the District in the attainment of its educational, cultural and scientific goals and in assisting and supporting it in fulfilling its role in serving the community of which it is a part;
2. Soliciting contributions and raising funds to support the educational endeavors of the District
3. Providing financial assistance to the District by acquiring equipment and supplies for the use, benefit, and enjoyment of the students of the District;
4. Establishing and supporting programs and activities within the District which maximize academic achievement and enrichment; and
5. Raising and awarding scholarship funds for post-secondary education to students of the District.